Scope – objectives
The School of Civil Engineering of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki will organize an International Educational Seminar on Roads, Bridges and Tunnels, the ISRBT2018, in Salonica, in November 2018. This will be the 3rd Seminar of the kind, after the ISRBT2016, and ISRBT2017, gathering 120 participants and 30 invited speakers from 10 European countries. The 3rd International Seminar on Roads, Bridges and Tunnels, fully renovated, will address practical aspects of design, construction and management, aiming, especially, to enlighten the applied part of the engineering know-how, useful to professionals of international prospects.
The 3rd ISRBT will consist of three 2-day Sessions, 9-10 November Bridges, 12-13 November Roads and Motorways, 14-15 November Geotechnics and Tunnels.
The Seminar is addressed to Construction Engineers and Designers, Motorway Operators and Contractors, Geotechnical and Bridge Engineers.
ISRBT2018 Topics/Lectures will address the following subjects:
- Construction management of motorway projects
- Motorway concession projects
- Motorway construction projects in an international context
- Road earthworks and environment
- Landslides and stabilization measures
- Construction methods for bridges
- Suspended bridges
- Motorway operations
- NATM tunneling method for motorways
- Metro Tunnelling
- Traffic safety and ITS Systems on motorways